Sunday 4 June 2017

Guardswell Farm: New Events Venue




Delighted to find myself at Guardswell Farm yesterday, conducting the very first wedding to held at the new venue. Properly Exciting!

Andrew & Alina had taken a bit of a leap of faith when they booked a stone shell and some mud with an amazing view early last year...but it paid off, and Guardswell is going to be a great addition to my local venues (pictures of the actual wedding to follow).

As the space is very much planned as more than a wedding venue, the number of ceremonies per year will be limited, as is the on-site accomodation (22 folk just now, but pretty luxurious). I'm sure its location between Perth & Dundee and overlooking the Tay will attract folk nonetheless. I understand that more accomodation will be added as time goes on.



The look they have gone for is very much rustic chic, with a good dash of elegance about it too...clean lines, simple and light, the space also seems very adaptable, but I've not seen it all opened up (big sliding barn type doors) lead directly outside or to huge windows.

Alina & Andrew had chosen to keep the dining and reception area secret until the dinner started, so it was more enclosed than it would usually be, but I could see why they wanted to do that as well...
It really does make an impact when you walk in...







As I understand it the catering and bar plan is that you provide your own, but the kitchen is state of the art (i've been told!) and is set out to accomodate cookery classes and demonstrations too.

They seemed really on top of things, and as I chatted with Anne the event organiser about her work, she gave me a lot of confidence that they have a good approach to things...From the celebrants point of view it's fab...intigrated sound system for music, staff to operate it, and even a spot when I can get changed into my suit and leave my bag of emergency kit!


The space in which we did the ceremony was lovely, quite a long room, but with lots of light and really good accoustics, so no need for messy/ugly microphones or cables.

It did get pretty hot, and I think more ventilation will have to be thought about, but if you weren't keeping the adjoining larger spaces as a surprise, then there are doors that could be opened at the side, which I suspect would increase the airflow significantly.

All in all I had a lovely time, it was easy to find and get to, and the view was just fantastic...though sadly my attempts at capturing it were not! (sigh)

However, you'll find some great ones on their facebook page:

 https://www.facebook.com/guardswell


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for shearing this post it's really very unique and helpful to know about Humanist Society and this venue place prefect for a wedding event.

    ReplyDelete